Brand: produce aisle
- One bunch contains approximately 5-7 bananas.
- Grown in Ecuador or Costa Rica or Guatemala
- Product is shipped right before it's ready to eat but it may take up to one day to ripen. Color may vary from slightly green to yellow.
- Please note that due to recent weather events in the Tropics, our ability to deliver bananas at the ideal ripeness has been affected. We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope that these issues will soon be resolved.
Characterized by their bright yellow color and sweet taste, bananas are the ideal fruit for snacks and sports activities.
Ways to Enjoy Bananas:
Bananas can be enjoyed as a great healthy on-the-go snack, as part of a meal or desert, in a milkshake, with cereal or in a banana split.
- Very low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium
- Very good source of vitamin B6
- Good source of dietary fiber, vitamin c, potassium, and manganese
Banana Quick Facts:
- Bananas are America’s #1 healthy fruit snack.
- The typical American consumes an average 28lbs of bananas yearly.
Try Bananas in this and other recipes
4 large bananas
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into little pieces
4 individual serving baking dishes
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Slice bananas in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place the bananas cut side down in individual serving prepared baking dishes.
- Place dry ingredients into a medium-mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the bananas in an even layer, pressing down slightly.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake about 10 to 15 minutes.